The American Society for Public Administration awarded a practitioner-academic team with the Louis Brownlow Award for best paper in the journal Public Administration Review. The team included:
- Fiona Buick (University of Canberra)
- Deborah Blackman (University of New South Wales—Canberra)
- Janine O’Flynn (University of Melbourne)
- Michael O’Donnell (University of New South Wales—Canberra)
- Damian West (University of New South Wales—Canberra)
This paper comes from a multi-year collaboration between academics and the Australian Public Service Commission which sought to address an enduring challenge faced by government. The paper itself is about collaboration, the challenges and how to overcome them. Read the abstract here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/puar.12481/full
The award will be presented at the American Society for Public Administration Conference 17-21 March in Atlanta, Georgia.